Table of Contents
- What data we collect
- How we get data about you
- How we use your data
- Who we share your data with
- Your Rights
1. What data we collect
We collect certain data from you directly, like information you enter yourself, data about your participation in courses, and data from third-party platforms you connect with HackersEra. We also collect some data automatically, like information about your device and what parts of our Services you interact with or spend time using.
1.1 Data you provide to Us
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Services. Below are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect.
|In order to use certain features (like enrolling in a course), you need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your email address, password, and assign you a unique identifying number ("Account Data")
|You can also choose to provide profile information like a photo
|Parts of the Services let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting reviews on a course page, asking or answering questions, sending messages to students or instructors, or posting photos or other work you upload. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted
|When you enroll in and take courses, we collect certain data including which courses, assignments and quizzes you've started and completed; your exchanges with instructors, teaching assistants, and other students; and essays, answers to questions, and other items submitted to satisfy course requirements
|Student Payment Data
|If you make purchases, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your email and contact number ) as necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code. For security, HackersEra does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
|Communications and Support
When you create an account and use the Services, including through a third-party platform, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
The data listed above is stored by us and associated with your account.
|Technical data about your device, like your device type, like your IP address, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers in encrypted format (SHA1), browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types ("System Data")
|Usage statistics about your interactions with the Services, including courses accessed, time spent on pages or the Service, other data regarding your use of the Services ("Usage Data")
1.2 Data we collect through automated means
When you access the Services (including browsing courses), we collect certain data by automated means, including:
The data listed above is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the "Cookies and Data Collection Tools" section below. It is stored by us and associated with your account.
2. How we get data about you
We use tools like analytics services to gather the data listed above. Some of these tools offer you the ability to opt out of data collection.
3. How we use your data
We use your data to do things like provide our Services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update our Services, analyze how people use our Services, serve personalized advertising, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Services to:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users
- Process your requests, specific services, information, or features
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors and teaching assistants, notifications about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements
- Sending you information and in-app messages about new services, new features, and other available courses (which you can opt out of at any time)
- Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages (which you can manage from the "options" or "settings" page of the mobile app)
- Manage your account preferences
- Facilitate the Services' technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse
- Solicit feedback from users
- Identify unique users across devices
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data
- As required or permitted by law or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services
4. Who we share your data with
We share certain data about you with instructors, other students, companies performing services for us, analytics and data enrichment providers. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring.
- With Your Instructors: We share data that we have about you (except your email address) with instructors or teaching assistants for courses you enroll in or request information about, so they can improve their courses for you and other students. This data may include things like your country, browser language, operating system, device settings. We will not share your email address with instructors or teaching assistants
- With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis
- For Security and Legal Compliance:We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of data being stored. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it's important to protect your password and to contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
HackersEra takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact us with any concerns.
6. Your Rights
You have certain rights around the use of your data. You can update or terminate your account from within our Services, and can also contact us for individual rights requests about your personal data. Parents who believe we've unintentionally collected personal data about their underage child should contact us for help deleting that information.